Pair of Royals named all-stars
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Royals leftfielder Alex Gordon and catcher Salvador Perez have been named American League All-Stars. Both are first-time selections, and both were selected via the player vote. The last time the Royals had more than one All-Star was 2003.
Gordon is among the club leaders in batting average, hits, runs scored and RBI. He has two grand slams and three game-winning hits in the first half of the season. He’s also been terrific in left field. He’s tied for the AL lead with 8 outfield assists.
Perez ranks among the best hitting catchers in the AL. He’s thrown out 10 would-be base stealers, and he had an 11-game hitting streak in June.
The 84th All-Star Game will be televised on FOX 4, Tuesday, July 16.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering