Mother charged after kids, ages 3 & 5, found alone in car
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A mother faces two counts of child endangerment after police say she left her two kids in a car while she was in WalMart.
Breonna Schiele, 23, appeared in court in Johnson County Monday afternoon. She was arrested Sunday because police say her children, ages three and five, sat inside the car while she was inside shopping. Police say she left the car unlocked and the engine off.
Schiele told the judge she wants to make things right for her children, but the court voiced concern over her criminal history, including a warrant for her arrest in Kansas City, Mo. for theft.
“All four windows on the side were cracked a little bit, but in that hot weather, it doesn’t make a difference in that type of heat,” said Gary Mason with the Overland Park Police Dept.
Schiele was arraigned via video hookup to the courtroom and told the judge she was sorry for what she did.
“I was wrong for what I done,” Schiele admitted.
The children were immediately put in protective custody and remained there Monday night.
Schiele’s bond was set at $5,000, however because of the arrest warrant, the court will decide what happens to her two children. If Schiele makes bail, the judge ordered her to not have contact with her children until a civil court makes a ruling.
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too