Dog set on fire in St. Louis dies from organ failure; family mourns
ST. LOUIS — A German Shepard, Golden Retriever mix dog, that was set on fire while he was chained to a fence, died Friday morning from his injuries.
Evidence shows that Brownie was doused with some kind of accelerant like gasoline and then set on fire. An book of matches was found near Brownie.
“The thing I think.. why I’m so upset, is that he died alone,” said Randy Grim, founder of Stray Rescue of St. Louis. “This is one of the saddest and worst cases I have ever dealt with.”
“I’m thinking someone was angry with me and took it out on my dog,” said Trina, the owner of the dog. She also has four children who miss their dog very much.
“When I was upset he used to always make me happy and he used to jump on me and lick my face,” Trina’s little daughter said.
“He’s a playful dog and he won’t harm anyone unless they harm him,” her son said.
Brownie died from organ failure caused by his burns.
Stray Rescue and CrimeStoppers are working together to provide a reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction of the person or persons involved.
Click here for more on the story from fox2now.com in St. Louis. Warning: Graphic content.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store