Babysitter leaves kids in hot car in jail parking lot
Geneva Little (Courtesy: WFTV)
ORLANDO — A Florida babysitter faces child neglect charges after she allegedly left two small kids, ages 4 and 5, inside a car while she visited a man in the Orange County, Fla., jail.
Geneva Little, 30, was apparently visiting the boys’ father, WFTV-TV reported.
Little logged into the jail’s visitation center at 6:13 p.m. on Wednesday. It was nearly a half hour later when a jail employee saw the kids inside the car and called 911.
Temperatures were around 89 degrees outside when the children were left, the station reported.
The children complained of being hungry and thirsty, but were otherwise OK, the station said.
An arrest report said the boys’ father lives in Orange County.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss