Babysitter leaves kids in hot car in jail parking lot
Geneva Little (Courtesy: WFTV)
ORLANDO — A Florida babysitter faces child neglect charges after she allegedly left two small kids, ages 4 and 5, inside a car while she visited a man in the Orange County, Fla., jail.
Geneva Little, 30, was apparently visiting the boys’ father, WFTV-TV reported.
Little logged into the jail’s visitation center at 6:13 p.m. on Wednesday. It was nearly a half hour later when a jail employee saw the kids inside the car and called 911.
Temperatures were around 89 degrees outside when the children were left, the station reported.
The children complained of being hungry and thirsty, but were otherwise OK, the station said.
An arrest report said the boys’ father lives in Orange County.
- Teen killed in accident on I-435 identified
- Police believe body found in Lawrence is that of missing graduate student
- Paraplegic woman defies the odds and challenges; loses 275 pounds
- Feds say maker of Android flashlight app collected info, gave to advertisers
- Belton restaurant apologizes for sign about scalping Redskins