Babysitter leaves kids in hot car in jail parking lot
Geneva Little (Courtesy: WFTV)
ORLANDO — A Florida babysitter faces child neglect charges after she allegedly left two small kids, ages 4 and 5, inside a car while she visited a man in the Orange County, Fla., jail.
Geneva Little, 30, was apparently visiting the boys’ father, WFTV-TV reported.
Little logged into the jail’s visitation center at 6:13 p.m. on Wednesday. It was nearly a half hour later when a jail employee saw the kids inside the car and called 911.
Temperatures were around 89 degrees outside when the children were left, the station reported.
The children complained of being hungry and thirsty, but were otherwise OK, the station said.
An arrest report said the boys’ father lives in Orange County.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident