Group collecting book bags, how to help, receive them
GRANDVIEW, Mo. — Thousands of kids in the metro will head to school this year without a book bag, but a local organization is trying to help.
The House of Restoration set a goal of collecting 600 bags. The group spent much of Saturday in the parking lot of Sam’s Club in Grandview trying to reach that goal.
The chairman of the organization, which reaches out to teenage girls, said the kids just need a little hand up and Saturday’s event was an easy way to do it.
“I found out recently the school district was once giving 10,000 book bags away on the first day of school. They are no longer doing that and we wanted to pick up where they can and give back,” said Denisha Jones.
The House of Restoration will give out the book bags to all students who attend the “Ballin’ Back to School” event in Kansas City, Mo., on July 27.
Learn more about The House Of Restoration on their website.
Ballin’ Back to School
- Sat., July 27
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Penn Valley College, 3201 SW Trafficway, Kansas City, Mo., 64111
- To enter, contact Denisha Jones: 816-582-7306 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Overland Park woman charged with rape of a minor