Fatal shooting may have been over spilled beer
ST. LOUIS, Mo. – A 29-year-old man is dead after getting into a dispute while riding with friends in a car. KTVI reports that three men were cruising around downtown St. Louis a few blocks west of the Gateway Arch, drinking alcohol, when the 34-year-old suspect spilled beer on the upholstery of the vehicle.
An argument ensued and St. Louis police said the suspect fatally shot a man now identified as Mario Shackelford multiple times in the chest. The suspect tried to flee but the third man stopped him and fought with him. The suspect then shot at that man but missed.
The suspect eventually lost control of the gun to the other man in a tussle and a witness helped put the firearm back in the vehicle while they waited for police to arrive.
Shackelford was pronounced dead at the scene, the suspect and surviving friend were treated for non-life threatening injuries.
- "Listen, listen, listen, Linda!" Toddler argues with mom over cupcakes
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Excelsior Springs restaurant gets worldwide attention from Travel Channel