Waitress gives mother free pizza for breastfeeding
DES MOINES, Iowa — We often hear stories about mothers who are targeted for breastfeeding in public. But this story is very different.
Jackie Johnson-Smith, a nursing mother from the Des Moines area, recently shared her dinner receipt from Fong’s pizza parlor — and it’s gone viral.
“I ate at Fongs for the first time tonight. Having a fussy baby I nursed him for awhile in the booth and eventually left the table early as to not disrupt the restaurant. The waitress gave this receipt to my husband,” Johnson-Smith said in a Facebook post, reported by KCCI-TV.
On it, server Bodi Kinney wrote: “I bought one of your pizzas… please thank your wife for breastfeeding!!”
“I was speechless and emotional. Although I don’t need a pat on the back for feeding my child, it sure felt amazing. It is amazing how we women can make each other feel when we empower each other,” the Facebook post continued to say.
“It’s kind of taboo and society kind of frowns upon it. We need to come together and support each other when it comes to nursing our children,” the waitress told the TV station.
As of Thursday afternoon, the post had been shared more than 2,200 times.
See the full photo of the receipt below:
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident