Hy-Vee Recipe: Skyr Smoothie
KANSAS CITY, Mo. Rupali Shah from Hy-Vee stopped by to share a recipe with for a Skyr Smoothie. Skyr is a non-fat skim milk yogurt that is made using a traditional recipe that is more than 1,000 years old.
Here are the ingredients for a Skyr Smoothie:
1 cup sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
1/3 cup vanilla-flavored Skyr yogurt
1 cup crushed ice
Blend the ingredients together in a traditional blender.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Father speaks of sons, 3 and 1, killed in Missouri house fire