Prisoner escapes from Caldwell County Detention Center
Brian James Adkison
CALDWELL COUNTY, Mo. – Authorities are searching for Brian James Adkison, 23, who escaped from the Caldwell County Detention Center late on Saturday night. A press release described Adkison as white male with brown hair, standing 6 feet tall and weighing 180 pounds. He left the jail on foot without shoes in an unknown direction. He was reported to be wearing white boxer shorts; other articles of clothing were not described.
Adkison is being pursued by multiple law enforcement agencies. According to online court records, he entered not guilty pleas on last Thursday in regards to three charges: kidnapping, domestic assault and a violation of a protection order for an adult. He was being held without bond and is set to appear in court for those charges on September 5.
Adkison also faces felony charges in Boone County, court records show an address for him in Columbia, Mo. Columbia police arrested him for first-degree burglary, forcible rape and deviate sexual assault in May. He’s set to appear in court for those charges on September 10.
Anyone with information on Adkison’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office at (816) 586-2681 or the Missouri State Highway Patrol at (816) 387-2345.
- Fans tweet #MadMiley faces after "Bangerz" concert is canceled
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Frazier Cross, accused of killing 3 at Jewish centers, enters courtroom in wheelchair
- Reps. from KKK, Aryan Nation denounce Jewish center shootings