New bag policy in effect at Chiefs games
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – On Thursday, June 13, 2013, the NFL announced plans to implement a new bag policy starting with the 2013 preseason in order to provide a safer environment for all fans. The new policy limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into all NFL stadiums.
The new policy will be in effect at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday as the Kansas City Chiefs take on the San Francisco 49ers in preseason action. All Chiefs fans are encouraged to be familiar with the bag policy prior to Friday’s contest to limit delays at stadium gates.
The NFL announced its plan in order to provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite fan entry into all NFL stadiums. Below is an outline of what is permissible. Fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official Chiefs branded tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at shop.kcchiefs.com), or
- One-gallon clear plastic zip-seal bags
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at Gate D, Gate F, Tower Gate or Founder’s Plaza Gate.
- Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse, providing ample storage capacity.
The Chiefs are providing each Season Ticket Holder account one complimentary clear plastic bag. For those account holders who have more than four seats, the team will provide one free bag for every four seats on the account. Season Ticket Holders can secure their bag by logging into their account on chiefskingdompass.com. From there, Season Ticket Holders can print a voucher for a bag that they can pick up one of three ways:
- This week, Season Ticket Holders may present vouchers at the Chiefs Pro Shop during normal business hours to redeem their bag.
- From 3 – 7 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 15, the Chiefs will host a drive-thru bag pick up party near the Founder’s Plaza by Lot M on the north side of the stadium. Entering through Gate 2, Season Ticket Holders can follow directions to drive thru and pick up bags. Chiefs Cheerleaders, Ambassadors and KC Wolf will make appearances. Season Ticket Holders who pick up their bag on Thursday will receive 25% off any item that can fit into the clear plastic bag at the Chiefs Pro Shop on the same day and will earn 500 Kingdom Points.
- Season Ticket Holders can present their voucher at tents located outside of Gate D, Gate F, Sprint Gate or Hy-Vee Gate prior to kick off on Friday to receive their bag.