Chiefs fans kick off preseason home opener
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Chiefs make their Arrowhead Stadium preseason debut Friday against the defending NFC Champion San Francisco 49ers. It also marks the debut of new head coach Andy Reid and quarterback Alex Smith. Smith is familiar with the Niners. He played his first eight seasons in San Francisco before coming to Kansas City in a trade in the off-season.
The Chiefs have decided to sit Jamaal Charles for Friday night’s game as a precaution. Charles strained his foot during practice in St. Joseph Monday. The injury isn’t believed to be serious.
Otherwise, expect to see the starters on offense and defense to play into the second quarter. Both units and the special teams will be trying to build on the positive things they did a week ago against New Orleans. The Chiefs lost that game, but the starters looked sharp in their brief appearance.
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too