Mayor throws “Rock the Block” event at Union Station
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Mayor Sly James proved once again that he can throw a great party. Crowds showed in droves to the mayor’s ‘Rock the Block’ event at Union Station on Saturday night. Between free food, activities and live entertainment there was something for everyone.
“We have had ‘Rock the Block’ last year on the bridge we decided this year to do it in a more central location this year to get more people,” Mayor James said.
This is the mayor and the cities way of saying ‘Thank you’ to Kansas City for a great summer and for those teens that took part in activities that kept them off the street and safe.
“It’s nice and the summer program for the kids was really nice too. I had a couple of nephews that took part in it, so it was good for them to have a safe environment for the kids to participate in,” attendee Tricia Anderson said.
“It is important for us to bring kids from this entire city together and to have fun and show them we can bring kids together without people getting hurt or without violence,” Mayor James said.
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong