Police identify victim from deadly shooting near Swope Park
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Police are investigating a shooting death at 61st and Jackson in Kansas City, Mo., near Swope Park. Police said the shooting was reported at 6:16 a.m on Wednesday.
The victim was identified on Wednesday night as James E. Moland, a 45-year-old black male from Merriam, Kan. When police arrived they found that Moland had died from a gunshot wound.
Moland was found when residents saw him in the yard of the house next to theirs and called for an ambulance. Police are investigating the incident as a homicide and ask anyone with information to call the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS (8477).
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss