Police identify victim from deadly shooting near Swope Park
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Police are investigating a shooting death at 61st and Jackson in Kansas City, Mo., near Swope Park. Police said the shooting was reported at 6:16 a.m on Wednesday.
The victim was identified on Wednesday night as James E. Moland, a 45-year-old black male from Merriam, Kan. When police arrived they found that Moland had died from a gunshot wound.
Moland was found when residents saw him in the yard of the house next to theirs and called for an ambulance. Police are investigating the incident as a homicide and ask anyone with information to call the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS (8477).
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'