Sporting KC ready for rival Chicago Fire
KANSAS CITY, Kan. – Sporting Kansas City has nine regular season matches to play, and eight of them are against Eastern Conference foes. They have a big one coming up Friday night when they visit rival Chicago Fire. Despite a 1-0 loss at San Jose Sunday and losses in three of its last four matches, Sporting still sit atop the Eastern Conference table.
Peter Vermes said he’s disappointed in the way his boys played at San Jose. He said their effort was decent, but he didn’t feel like they went out there to take the game. That shouldn’t be the case on Friday in Chicago.
Kei Kamara will miss another game. He has a sprained ankle from a hard tackle in the 3-0 victory over New England on August 10. Graham Zusi also missed the San Jose game, but he’s been training this week. Vermes said Zusi is day-to-day with a sore right quad, and he’s hopeful Zusi will be able to play against the Fire.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering