KC Royals to give away tickets to 200 people getting rid of their electronic junk
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Kansas City Royals are teaming up with ‘Players for the Planet’ and Interstate Batteries to host a recycling event on Friday and Saturday, August 23 and 24.
(Jeremy Guthrie, Mike Moustakas, and Chris Getz are expected there.)
People from the community can bring unwanted computers, televisions, radios and other electronic items to be recycled.
On Friday, the event is at 5255 W. 95th St. in Overland Park, Kan. That’s the Interstate All Battery Center. Fans can drop off electronics from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The first 200 cars will receive two View Level tickets to an upcoming 2013 regular season Royals game.
On Saturday from 8 a.m to 2 p.m., donations can be dropped off at Kauffman Stadium, Lot L.
Donations of $10 per electronic are suggested to offset the costs of recycling.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter