Authorities: 12-year-old Golden City girl was strangled
GOLDEN CITY, Mo. — Authorities said the autopsy conducted on 12-year-old Adrianna Horton’s body, which was found earlier this week, has revealed she died from strangulation, according to a report from the Associated Press.
Bobby D. Bourne, Jr. 34 of Lockwood is being held in the Barton County, Mo. jail on a $2 million bond. He has been charged with first-degree murder, child kidnapping, and forcible and statuatory rape.
Horton was reported missing on Aug. 19 and was last seen getting into Bourne’s vehicle in Golden City, where she lived with her father. Her mother lives in Overland Park, Kan.
When Bourne was arrested, he denied picking the girl up. After further questioning he said he picked her up and took her to an abandoned house. Bourne claimed the girl ran from him and fell and that’s how she died.
He then led police to a wooded area southeast of the city where he told them they would find her body.
Bourne is expected to appear in court at 2:00 p.m. Monday.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave