Woman steals her bike back from thief selling it on Craigslist
VANCOUVER, Canada — A Vancouver woman who had her bike stolen overcame her fear and took it back from the thief who had it.
The woman saw her stolen bike, worth $1000, on Craigslist the day after it was stolen. She knew it was hers. She could tell from the stickers that identified it.
So, she called the number, told the man she was interested in buying it and asked to see it.
“THIS GUY IS SELLING MY BIKE RIGHT NOW!!!” she wrote in a Reddit post.
According to the Globe and Mail story, she met the thief in the parking lot of a McDonald’s restaurant.
She asked him if she could try out the bike. She said he seemed hesitant, but agreed, adding “But don’t take off.”
Kayla Smith, 33, the rightful owner of the bike did just that, though. At first, she just rode the bike around the parking lot.
“My heart was pounding and I had no idea what to do so I just got on the bike and was like f*** this guy and started to ride,” Smith wrote.
Smith said she had a friend with her as back-up. They watched the guy ‘freak out’ and then he took off running, Smith said.
She reported him to police because he also had other bikes for sale, which she suspected were also someone else’s property.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'