Boston Marathon amputee wears high heels again with her prosthesis
BOSTON — A woman who had her leg amputated following the Boston Marathon bombing modeled her new heels designed just for her.
Actually it’s a leg and a high heel shoe, paired together.
Heather Abbott has a prosthetic leg, but it isn’t stopping her from wearing the heels she loves.
Last week Heather got to take a test walk in the leg and four-inch nude stilettos. She also has a leg for flat shoes. The state-of-the art-silicone cover for her ‘high-heel’ leg should be ready in about six weeks.
“I want it to look as much like my own leg,” she said, and seemed pleased that it did.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'