Olathe PD identifies man killed in suspected attempted murder/suicide
OLATHE, Kan. – Police identified 21-year-old Jonathan Fischbach of Olathe as the deceased male from what is being investigated as an attempted murder/suicide. The incident happened early last Saturday morning and the female who was critically injured remains hospitalized. No update was given about the investigation or any possible arrests.
Officers initially responded to a single-car injury accident at the 16200 block of W. 124th Circle just after midnight on Saturday. Upon investigation they found both the male, now identified as Fischbach, and a female injured. They were both transported to an area hospital where the Fischbach later died and the woman is still being treated for critical injuries.
Police said in a press release that the injuries don’t appear to be related to the accident and that officers recovered a handgun from inside the vehicle. In light of that discovery police are investigating the incident as a possible attempted murder/suicide. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Olathe Police Department at (913) 971-6950 or the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS (8477).
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident