Van Note now charged for murdering father and his girlfriend
CAMDEN COUNTY, Mo. – A Lee’s Summit lawyer now faces a new murder charge for killing her father’s companion. Susan Van Note is now also charged with the murder of Sharon Dickson, her father William Van Note’s longtime girlfriend.
Susan Van Note had been charged in her father’s murder in September of 2012. Authorities believe that William Van Note and Dickson were stabbed and shot at a Lake of the Ozarks home in October of 2010. Dickson died at the vacation home, William Van Note was taken from the home to a hospital where he died four days later.
Susan Van Note has also been accused of forging documents that gave her the power to remove her father from life support. She’s set to be formally arraigned in Camden County on October 11 according to online court records.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Reward increases to $10,000 if you can point to thieves who stole guns from Bass Pro Shop