Lillie Warren found safe, Carla Osborne arrested in Oklahoma after three years on the run
EDMOND, Okla. – Kansas City police announced on Monday night that Carla Osborne was arrested in Edmond, Okla. and taken into custody by the Fugitive Apprehension Unit and that her daughter, Lillie Warren, was found safe.
Osborne had taken Warren on what her father, William Warren, thought was a normal custody exchange on June 18th, 2010. Instead, Osborne absconded with the then 10-year-old child and had been on the run for more than three years.
“About three o’clock that Sunday I received a phone call explaining I would never see her (Lillie) again and to this date I have not seen her,” Warren told FOX 4 earlier in September.
Osborne was charged with child abduction and interference with custody on August 12 of this year according to online court records. Osborne had been previously tracked to Denver, Colo. and Oklahoma City, Okla., but had evaded capture. William Warren had even had Osborne served with custody papers in hopes of getting his daughter back through the court system, but she never showed up to the hearings.
Warren persisted with his efforts and eventually got the case back in the hands of police and was able to file a missing persons report. The Jackson County Prosecutor’s Office filed those two aforementioned felony charges after receiving the case in August.
Story from FOX 4′s Brad Underwood on September 5th.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet