Boy found 13 years after being kidnapped by grandmother
CHILLICOTHE, Mo. — A was boy found in northern Missouri after being abducted in Florida almost 13 years ago. There are many people to thank for solving this case, including a persistent private eye.
The boy’s paternal grandmother, Sandy Hatte, has been charged with felony child abduction. She is being held on a 25 thousand dollar bond in the Daviess/DeKalb regional jail.
The Livingston County Sheriff’s Office said a local school official in Chillicothe had concerns over the boy`s school enrollment, which tipped detectives off to look deeper into the situation, however they also credit a private investigator.
Larry jones, of Black Hawk Investigations, said the boy’s aunt called him in February, asking for help because several agencies told her and her family that the problem was a civil matter.
“I’ve always been a team player and so I considered myself a part of the team, and I was going to do everything I could to have it resolved the way it’s been,” said Jones.
Jones said the family told him the boy’s grandmother just took off with him years ago. The boy is now with his father in Alabama.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet