Former president of Trader Joe’s opens expired food store
Would you willingly buy food that had reached its expiration date?
Very soon, everything on the shelves of a new store will be expired. The store is the idea of Trader Joe’s former president Doug Rauch.
Rauch told National Public Radio that the project is a hybrid of a grocery store and a restaurant known as The Daily Table. The store will sell prepared food along with fruits and veggies.
Rauch’s inspiration for the all-expired food store comes from the massive amount of food that people waste every day.
While it might be an uphill battle for Rauch, there are studies and reports that question the accuracy of food expiration dates.
Rauch believes many people are throwing food away before it really goes bad and his store will provide healthy, tasty and affordabe choices.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter