Men turn to facial hair transplants for beards
DALLAS, Tex. — Can’t grow a beard? Cosmetic surgeons say they have a better idea — beard implants.
Last year, hair transplants were the 6th most popular cosmetic procedure for men in the U.S., up 3% from 2011. Those numbers now include men looking for beard implants.
“A lot of people just want what they don’t have. We see that from time to time. In some cases, it’s laser hair removal. In some cases, we get some guys that come in and they’re just interested in being able to grow a beard because they’ve never been able to,” said Dallas cosmetic surgeon Dr. Charles Powell.
Powell says he sees a couple of guys a month interested in facial hair transplants.
“Facial hair transplant is nothing terribly new. In fact, the population, as far as hair transplant goes, has been largely used in women who get their eyebrows transplanted. They’ve over-plucked them over the years, they want the bigger, thicker, Megan Fox-type eyebrows now. Now, we’re seeing a growing trend for men that are getting facial hair transplanted,” said Powell.
The procedure costs between about $1,000 to $4,000, depending on how much stubble you’re looking for.
Doug Magditch with KDAF reports.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering