Arrowhead Stadium gets a little louder on Sunday
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Come rain or come shine, Kansas City Chiefs fans are always rated some of the best fans in the league, but on Sunday they really had something to cheer about.
Sunday morning, thousands of Chiefs fans filled the parking lots of Arrowhead Stadium to cheer on the red, white and golf against Eli Manning and the New York Giants.
Normally dancing, grilling, games and socializing are all on the agenda for football Sunday, except this time Kansas City fans were basking in the winning success of the home team. Inside the stadium the volume was turned up a couple of notches.
“Louder today than it has been in 10 years, guaranteed,” said Joe Zelk who traveled from Springfield, Mo to cheer on the Chiefs.
“It was louder than a concert,” said Chiefs fan Amanda Derewenko.
A team that went 2-14 last year is now the turnaround talk of the league. However, there is not just one star fans were praising.
“Six pro-bowlers and Andy Reid’s a winner,” said Zelk who said he is not surprised by the team’s turnaround.
The Chiefs are 4-0 to start the season for only the third time in their 54-year franchise history.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering