8-year-old injured in drive-by shooting in Overland Park
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — An eight-year-old boy was injured in a drive-by shooting Monday night in the 10000 block of Kessler in Overland Park, Kan.
Captain James Sutterby with the Overland Park Police Department said several shots were fired and one bullet hit the child. He was taken to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Sutterby said witnesses saw a four-door, dark-colored sedan speeding away from the scene.
Police continue to investigate. No other information has been released.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering