Man who slaps baby on plane pleads guilty
The man accused of slapping a crying 19-month-old on a plane earlier this year has pleaded guilty to assault in federal court.
Joe Rickey Hundley is facing six months in prison.
Hundley’s attorney has said Hundley was in distress and grieving during the flight after learning the day before that his son was in a coma.
He was headed to Atlanta to decide whether or not to take his son off life support.
Hundley, who’s also accused of using a racial slur in the incident, will be sentenced in January.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet