Mizzou joins Associated Press top 25 poll
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — After a rough weekend for the two major Division-1 college football programs from the state of Kansas, the fortunes one school from the SEC from the state of Missouri are noticeably much more upbeat.
The Missouri Tigers have started their season with five wins and no losses, and for the first time since September 2011, Missouri is ranked in the Associated Press Top 25. The Tigers are ranked 25th in the most recent AP poll, and top ranked Alabama is the only other unbeaten team from the Southeastern Conference.
Staying unbeaten for Mizzou will be quite a chore however, because the Tigers travel this week to meet the University of Georgia in Athens. The Bulldogs (4-1) one loss came to unbeaten Clemson, and Georgia is unbeaten in SEC play. The entire AP Top 25 is listed below.
AP TOP 25
1. Alabama (55)
2. Oregon (5)
4. Ohio State
6. Florida State
9. Texas A&M
13. Miami, Fla.
14. South Carolina
20. Texas Tech
21. Fresno State
22. Oklahoma State
23. Northern Illinois
24. Virginia Tech
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident
- Students file lawsuit against Wright Career College