Police hope for citizen assistance to identify carjacking suspects
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. – Perry Lane south of 95th Street can be busy. Apartments and town homes line both sides of the street for several blocks. Overland Park police are hoping with all that traffic, someone saw something.
About 8:45 on Saturday night, a man was walking his dog when another man in a mask pulled a gun and demanded his car keys. He handed them over and then saw four more men come out from behind a dumpster. All five got in the victim’s 2001 gold Toyota Camry and took off.
It’s not the first type of crime. Two weeks before, a 22-year-old man had a similar experience at his apartment near 78th and Grant.
“He pointed a gun at me and told me to give him his keys.” Explained the victim, who asked not to be identified. ”I’m scared they might come back to my apartment since they know where I live.”
Both carjackings have similar suspect descriptions, but there’s nothing definitive yet. Police are hoping someone saw something or has heard something and will be able to help. If you can, call Overland Park police or the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Reward increases to $10,000 if you can point to thieves who stole guns from Bass Pro Shop