Fmr. KC NBA player Joe Meriweather passes away
PARKVILLE, Mo. — Former Kansas City King NBA player and former coach of the woman’s basketball team at Park University, Joe Meriweather, passed away suddenly Sunday. He was 59.
FOX 4′s Gia Vang went to Parkville and spoke with Claude English, director of athletics at Park University. English said Meriweather will always be remembered.
“He created a family-like atmosphere with this program,” English said. “His students were a part of his family. And so it wasn’t just basketball, it was life.”
A memorial service for Meriweather will be held Thursday at 6 p.m. at the Breckon Sports Center on the Park University campus.
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong