Fmr. KC NBA player Joe Meriweather passes away
PARKVILLE, Mo. — Former Kansas City King NBA player and former coach of the woman’s basketball team at Park University, Joe Meriweather, passed away suddenly Sunday. He was 59.
FOX 4′s Gia Vang went to Parkville and spoke with Claude English, director of athletics at Park University. English said Meriweather will always be remembered.
“He created a family-like atmosphere with this program,” English said. “His students were a part of his family. And so it wasn’t just basketball, it was life.”
A memorial service for Meriweather will be held Thursday at 6 p.m. at the Breckon Sports Center on the Park University campus.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet