Fmr. KC NBA player Joe Meriweather passes away
PARKVILLE, Mo. — Former Kansas City King NBA player and former coach of the woman’s basketball team at Park University, Joe Meriweather, passed away suddenly Sunday. He was 59.
FOX 4′s Gia Vang went to Parkville and spoke with Claude English, director of athletics at Park University. English said Meriweather will always be remembered.
“He created a family-like atmosphere with this program,” English said. “His students were a part of his family. And so it wasn’t just basketball, it was life.”
A memorial service for Meriweather will be held Thursday at 6 p.m. at the Breckon Sports Center on the Park University campus.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days