‘Blonde angel’ found in Greece could be part of child trafficking ring
ATHENS, Greece — Authorities continue to try to find the real parents of a little girl named ‘Maria’ found last week in a camp in Greece that police raided as part of a crackdown on illegal activity in the gypsy community.
Authorities say the mother claimed to have given birth to six children in a total of less than ten months.
The couple was arrested and charged with abducting a minor. Police said they repeatedly changed their story about how the little girl, approximately four-years-old, came to live with them, and accuse the man and woman of using the little girl to make money by begging.
Authorities have received thousands of inquiries about the little girl from parents whose children are missing. At least four of those inquiries came from the United States, according to the U.K.’s Daily Mail.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'