‘Blonde angel’ found in Greece could be part of child trafficking ring
ATHENS, Greece — Authorities continue to try to find the real parents of a little girl named ‘Maria’ found last week in a camp in Greece that police raided as part of a crackdown on illegal activity in the gypsy community.
Authorities say the mother claimed to have given birth to six children in a total of less than ten months.
The couple was arrested and charged with abducting a minor. Police said they repeatedly changed their story about how the little girl, approximately four-years-old, came to live with them, and accuse the man and woman of using the little girl to make money by begging.
Authorities have received thousands of inquiries about the little girl from parents whose children are missing. At least four of those inquiries came from the United States, according to the U.K.’s Daily Mail.
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Police confirm body found in Lawrence belongs to missing student
- Paraplegic woman defies the odds and challenges; loses 275 pounds
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Feds say maker of Android flashlight app collected info, gave to advertisers