Texas mom: Chiefs fans were rude and unruly

Posted on: 10:13 pm, October 21, 2013, by

Chiefs fans

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A Texas family in town for Sunday’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs said fans at Arrowhead were rude and unruly.

According to KHOU.com, Jacki Dowling traveled to Kansas City with her three children. Her husband, Houston Fire Captain Bill Dowling stayed behind, recovering from a motel fire that killed four of his colleagues. He suffered brain damage and lost both his legs and continues to undergo physical therapy.

Dowling said at the game Chiefs fans were disrespectful.

“We were flicked off, more times than I can count, beer thrown on us from the section above, they chanted how much Houston sucked, and on and on,” Dowling posted on Facebook, according to KHOU.com. “I think I will stay in Houston next time. If I’m gonna spend my money, it will be in a city that is a little more hospitable. I love a little friendly rivalry, but this wasn’t friendly. However, I still had a great time with my kids, and again, I am so proud of my Texans!”

Dowling told KHOU they did meet some friendly Chiefs fans, but the majority were unkind.

Read more from KHOU.com.

• slm says:

WHY IS THIS A STORY???!!!

• Sue says:

We recently went to the Kenny Chesney concert at Arrowhead. As a Kenny fan, I’ve seen him many times in many different places and have never had so many drunks cause trouble. I was hit in the back, beer thrown, people taking our seats and refusing to move without the guards moving them and plenty of rudeness stemming from too many inebriated people. Not being from MO, but living here just a year, I realize its not the majority of MO people, yet when you have a small group that acts like teens drinking, it’s a problem. Maybe getting the word out can help change it!

• Rick says:

This is a problem in ALL stadiums. It’s why I don’t go to football games anymore. Nothing new. If you haven’t seen this, you’re probably spending all your time in a suite.

• Jeremy says:

“Flicked Off” ?!?! You mean to tell me that I’ve been saying “flipped” instead of “flicked” this whole time!?!?! Now THERE’S a story!!!

• Lisa says:

Lived here 8 years. Yet to find someone that isn’t rude. I do agree……why would she leave her husband in that state for a football game!?

• sue says:

Think we’re being judgemental. We have NO IDEA how long ago the accident was, it takes a long time of physical therapy to “recover” from losing both legs. Not to mention I am sure the kids are under a great deal of stress from the accident, might of been a way for mom to get them away from the situation not just physically but mentally.

• We’ve had season tickets for 25 years and have only had problems in our section a couple of times with fans like this. It didn’t last long because all of us around them shamed them into stopping. Unfortunately, when some people drink they get stupid. That Mom and her kids probably deserved a break and I’m sure Dad wasn’t home by himself. We’ve mostly had good experiences when we went to Chiefs away games. Except I’ll never go back to New England or Chicago.

• Mike RS says:

She has apparently never been to a Chiefs game before. We’re the loudest stadium in the WORLD and our team is finally not horrible. I remember going to Jets games as a kid in the 80′s… now those are some unruly fans. Stop crying and stay in Houston.

• theresa says:

There a few folks who don’t know how to behave regardless of where they are…Add alcohol and you never know what might happen Only takes a few idiots I have lived in Denver for over 20 yrs and have never been to a game I was told then if you go don’t wear your Chiefs red and that was 20 yrs ago Sorry folks were rude to her but you are at a football game A winning Chiefs game! It could get messy :>) Go Big Red!

• Sonny Dryer says:

I believe it…..I’ve seen it…….. Of course, when you sit out in the parking lot tailgating for 4 or 5 hours drinking beer as fast as you can, so you don’t have to buy the over priced stuff inside…what do you expect….Of course……Paybacks are a MF’r

• Shocked says:

I have to say that I am very surprised at this comment. I was born and raised in Chricago and moved here in 99 and I love it. I have been to numerous Chiefs game and the only problems have come from the fans of the other teams. Raider fans for sure. Kansas City is a wonderful place to live and to visit.