Texas mom: Chiefs fans were rude and unruly
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A Texas family in town for Sunday’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs said fans at Arrowhead were rude and unruly.
According to KHOU.com, Jacki Dowling traveled to Kansas City with her three children. Her husband, Houston Fire Captain Bill Dowling stayed behind, recovering from a motel fire that killed four of his colleagues. He suffered brain damage and lost both his legs and continues to undergo physical therapy.
Dowling said at the game Chiefs fans were disrespectful.
“We were flicked off, more times than I can count, beer thrown on us from the section above, they chanted how much Houston sucked, and on and on,” Dowling posted on Facebook, according to KHOU.com. “I think I will stay in Houston next time. If I’m gonna spend my money, it will be in a city that is a little more hospitable. I love a little friendly rivalry, but this wasn’t friendly. However, I still had a great time with my kids, and again, I am so proud of my Texans!”
Dowling told KHOU they did meet some friendly Chiefs fans, but the majority were unkind.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss