Suspect in custody, traffic gaining speed on WB I-470
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Police have one person in custody after a lengthy pursuit led to a crash that impacted motorists on I-470 WB for an extended period of time during rush hour.
The suspect crashed a vehicle in the area of WB I-470 before Blue Parkway after a high speed pursuit by officers on Thursday afternoon. The suspected driver police were pursuing hit another car and the driver fled on foot into nearby woods and was caught after about an hour’s long search.
This is still a developing story and we have a news crew on scene working to get details on the suspect and why he fled. Presently traffic is moving by at a quicker pace with all lanes reopened, the shoulder is still dotted by police and emergency vehicles.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet