‘Cocktails for a Cure’ to benefit National PKD Foundation
KANSAS CITY, Mo.– Polycystic Kidney Disease is an incurable disease. But now,
30 years after the National PKD Foundation began in Kansas City, the foundation continues to raise awareness and funds for research and treatment.
Angela Connelly with the PKD Foundation and Jill Reister, a PKD patient, were guests on Tuesday’s FOX 4 Morning Show to talk about the work of the foundation and how they’re giving hope to PKD patients across the country.
If you would like to help in the fight against PKD, the foundation is hosting a Cocktails for a Cure event this Saturday, Nov. 2 at the Belvoir Winery in Liberty, Mo.
For more information, just go to the foundation’s website.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet