Sheriff’s office confirms that first body found in De Soto is Brad Cook’s
Photo of Brad Cook. Cook went missing on October 20 and October 31 the Johnson County Sheriff's Office confirmed the Cook's body had been found.
DE SOTO, Kan. — The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Thursday that the deceased body found in the area of 95th Street and Sunflower Road on Tuesday is Brad Cook’s. The department stated in a press release that the investigation has revealed no criminal activity.
The family released a statement on Thursday that said, in part:
“The parents thank the many friends and individuals who participated in the multi-day search for their son. It is a tremendous reminder of how well Brad was loved by so many and the generosity of our community.”
The parents also gave special thanks to the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office and they placed a cross at the site where Cook was found.
The Sheriff’s Office said they received a call around 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday after a passerby walking in the area reported seeing a person who appeared to be deceased. The Sheriff’s Office originally called the investigation an “unattended death.”
The body was located in an area where searchers had previously been looking for 22-year-old Cook, who had been missing since Oct. 20. Cook was last seen in the parking lot of Beer 30 in De Soto and is originally from Olathe, Kan.
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Reps. from KKK, Aryan Nation denounce Jewish center shootings
- Frazier Cross, accused of killing 3 at Jewish centers, enters courtroom in wheelchair