Father claims 9-year-old son, killed in tornado has shown up in recent photo behind niece

Posted on: 6:21 pm, November 24, 2013, by , updated on: 08:36am, November 25, 2013

article-2512762-199D38A700000578-437_634x742 son

MOORE, Okla. — The father of a 9-year-old boy killed by a tornado, discovered a very peculiar image in a photograph that was taken just a couple months after his son’s death.

Scott McCabe is the father of Nicolas McCabe, who was one of seven students killed after a tornado struck their third grade classroom at Plaza Towers Elementary School in Oklahoma, back in May of this year.

The Daily Mail reports that McCabe claims to have seen an image of his deceased son standing behind his niece in a cell phone picture that was taken on the fourth of July, just a couple months after the tornado hit. In the picture the boy’s cousin, Madison, is waving a sparkler.

“Nicolas loved the Fourth of July and he loved firecrackers,” McCabe explained to News 9 in Oklahoma. “I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.”

Although Mail Online reports there are several skeptics, who are citing reasons such as a double image or too much motion for the cell phone’s camera, but by looking at the photo it is easy to make out two distinct figures with different skin tones and facial features. Regardless of others’ opinions, McCabe believes his son was there that day with his family.

“They can say what they want. I believe. I believe he’s watching over us,” he told News 9.

• Tam says:

Someone was being skeptical? This is sweet.

• Brenda Burk says:

I agree with everyone, it sure looks like to me that is your son!! Don’t let anyone tell you different, it’s what you believe! He was taken from your family way to early in life and I think he’s telling you that he’s ok Dad, he’s with you always! :)

• Jill says:

It sure looks like a little boy to me. I am so sorry for your loss.

• Josie says:

After one of my high school friends passed away in a car wreck at 18 his dad later took a picture out on the lake of him and two others in a boat, there was 3 in the boat! When his dad looked at the picture you could clearly see my friend who had passed away in the boat too there he was plain as day and you could count 4 heads.

• Josie says:

I forgot to add this is defiantly your son. It’s heart breaking but happy at the same time :)

• Tom Kiser says:

omg I don’t know what to say because I see it with my eyes and I am a designer that uses photoshop etc. without seeing the negs though I can’t say 100% but 99.9999% I know it’s real.. There has to be something better then this life we are in now. I love this life but I know I will love the after life much ,much more! Good luck and sorry to have met you like this but glad I ran across this.

• patty05253 says:

It is a beautiful and touching story and I have looked at the picture over and over and it sure looks like your sweet angel to me….follow your heart and enjoy this gift and pay no attention to those negitive folks out there. There are so many things in life we can’t explain but if they bring us joy who are we to question them…….I am so sorry for the lost of your little boy….hugs & love and many Blessings…and may GOD Bless you and yours……

• sharon boles says:

i believe in spirits every since I lost my brother 15 yrs ago at the age of 35 from skin cancer he seems to show his spirit every Halloween it was his favorite time of year I seen your pic and he was there

• I would give anything to get a glimps of my departed son.

• Juls Sparkle says:

Absolutely is your Son….He is all around you and your family…:)..God Bless you…..An Angel to help you now,,looks like he was watching over her to…

• Gemini11 says:

it,s nothing wrong. with having. hope. it,s nothing wrong with believing. that is your son. God said ” not me” not Man’ that if you believe anything is possible. with God.

• cherrie says:

I believe it is your son. I see the face. Don’t ever believe different. The night my mom passed away, she came to my bed side and stood there looking at me. I know they can and do come back. Sorry for your loss.

• Clementine says:

Love is Forever!…..so you can forever….. believe that your son is there! Because of your love, it will always be so!

• Sadly says:

Wanting it to be true and it being true are entirely different things. As a photographer and graphic artist, sadly it is a double image of the same girl. But, that being said, don’t let anyone, even me tell you anything you believe is false. Even though it is … :)

• Meliss says:

Why would someone WANT their child to be wandering around appearing in family photos when they should be peacefully with The Lord?! I don’t think this nonsense was worth a report.

• Missy says:

No matter what others say, I believe that loved ones that have passed on do let us know they are okay. I believe your baby boy was letting you know he is okay, not for him but for you! This does not mean they are not living peacefully with the Lord, it simply means the Lord allows them to reassure us left behind. Take peace in knowing that you will see your son again. As a mother myself my heart is so happy that you were allowed this gift. Love and peace to you.

• Marc says:

The saddest thing to me is that this is in the news. Give me a break, Fox. There are real stories, real issues, real people out there in the world. Pathetic.

• Jeremy says:

I love the (life long photographers) that are the neigh-sayers. I am both a photographer and a Photoshop user. Yes motion blur could explain some of it, but the problem I have with those who claim that, they fail to notice the pink shirt “conveniently” did not get exposed at the apex of the jump where the picture is the stillest and clearest. Also, the hair is a little wrong. Possible time-lapse exposure….maybe, but It does not look that way to me, even after taking the photo into photoshop and working with it. It is however a very small, bad photo we have here to work with.

• Mark Hutchinson says:

Oh my gosh, i am a photographer and photoshop user too, it doesn’t take rocket science to figure this out, look at the photo, there is 2 different people there, a boy and a girl, get real, ANY WAY sorry about your loss, My dad passed away, and I’ve seem him in pictures too, it happens, Happy Thanksgiving,

• Jen says:

As a parent of 8 and 10 year olds, I cannot imagine this father’s anguish at losing his child. Children at this age are still so innocent, precious, and full of life. They are also coming into their own and you see glimpses of who they might become. I can’t comprehend what it would be like to move on. To me it is unquestionably an image of his beautiful dearly departed son. It makes no sense to the rational mind how it could be. I would like to believe it is a sign of hope. I don’t know if seeing such an image makes it easier or more painful for this family but I sincerely hope it brings comfort. My heart aches for this family.

• vicki says:

My dad passed away October 5, 2013. the day he was buried my sister took a picture at the gravesite. when the picture was developed my dad’s face was clearly in the picture. He had his glasses on in the picture not buried with his glasses on….i personally am a Christian and believe if you are a Christian to be absent from the earthly body is to be present with the Lord. i have never ever believed the spirit hangs around etc, i do believe now somehow someway it is possible for our loved ones to be present in spirit at least at times anyway. God created this world and he said his ways, thougths etc are way higher than ours…so do not understand however clearly know the image of my dad’s face was clear and no individual was jumping as a matter of fact no human being was in the picture other than dad who i know was a Christian and should just be with the Lord. My husband is a doctor and he is very logically thinking he was the first to see my dad’s face. So i know from our own encounter with this that it is true and very real period. i believe myself God does this to comfort loved ones…lastly, we know too from God’s holy word that the saints in heaven rejoice when someone on earth becomes a Christian so why do we question if those gone on home know what is going on down here period…thankful to God for him letting this family see their little boy again.

• dorion says:

It’s not double exposure if it was the two faces would be the same color if not lighter, but they’re not the girl is lighter than the boy and from the picture of his son if you compare them to the one with the boy in the background you can see clear as day the similarities of his head structure. People do not be afraid and disapprove their existence in this universe. I would be happy as I don’t know what if a loved one of mine that passed away showed up in a picture I took

• Ginny says:

The Long Island Medium would be a great perso n to get in touch with and have her talk to the father. She gives so many great relief and hope. Also, read James Van Praagh’s Unfinished Business (What the dead can teach us about life). :)

• ImageExplanation says:

This is one exposure that looks like two due to a slow shutter speed combined with a flash…..hence warmer light on one face from firework(1st exposure) and then the cooler light of flash creating the 2nd exposure. It is EXTREMELY common! The phone was very likely on a “fireworks” setting which gives you the slow shutter combined with a flash. it’s not a ghost, spirit, or anything other than the nieces face being exposed twice by two different light sources as she was moving. the so called “lifelong” photographers who claim that it’s something else are completely clueless.

• arnold says:

the evidence is getting stronger for the people who have a hard believing

• Janet Miller says:

I also see the clear image of the boys tennis shoe. she had on sandals. Dad, take comfort that he came back to let you know he is ok. My best friend and my husbands mom showed themselves to him. His mother twice.

• Whole bunch of idiots on here. I envision them in their trailer parks nicotine stained pictures of jesus and elvis hanging pathetically on the walls. GHOSTS ARE REAL they pound their ham size fists against their dirty stained keyboards. Any semblance of sanity has long ago burned out by the fires of hate and racism that consume them. The dregs of kansas city, nay the dregs of the human race bloviate about their secret desire to dead little children appear in Kodak moments. Idiots.

• Carey says:

“We will not stop looking until we are given a definitive reason to stop looking, namely, Chandra’s return. Violet: Deep Sleep, healing of serious illness, and uncovering past lives.

• homepage says:

If you’re dealing with a stressful part of your past, writing can also help you overcome the situation. Whatever your requirements would be, you are more likely to find out things if you know how to and when to make your search.

• tmanx1 says:

Nah man it makes much more sense that his son’s ghost jumped into the camera.

• tmanx1 says:

Also, I was taking pics of my son at a basketball the other day and didn’t want to use the flash so the camera adjusted to a much slower shutter speed. And wouldn’t you know it, the ghost basketball of Wilt Chamberlain appeared just above my son’s basketball during a shot. Also there were many ghost legs.

• Nana says:

Sorry but I believe you are an idiot. Of course our lost love ones come to see us in many different ways and this little boy chose this avenue to show his self to his father/family. Keep believing dad, your son will always be with you and your family.

• Ali Cat says:

While I appreciate your scientific explanation, the hope and comfort this photo can offer a grieving parent is worth much more than that. To the fathet of this boy I pray for peace in your heart and that you can think of your son in happiness as you will one day hold him in your arms again.

• Jean says:

Then wouldnt the second face look like HER and not HIM?

• samantha says:

the second face doesn’t look like her own face at all, you should be ashamed of yourself for calling shame on somebody else who believes in ghosts, they’re real and one day you’ll SEE it yourself..

• Chikin Weida says:

Double exposure would make sense in film that was developed, not on a cell phone

• So i offer a realistic explanation and that makes me an idiot? What a good christian you are calling people names behind your keyboard… so brave! You obviously have a strong belief in lots of real things like the easter bunny, santa and unicorns. People like you bring this country nothing but shame.

• It does look like her. First of all you can only see about 1/3rd of a face, not the whole thing. The girls glasses are clearly visible in the upper face. You just don’t want to see it. You’d rather see sky fairies and leprechauns.