Dan Meers (KC Wolf) released from hospital following stunt injury
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The man behind KC Wolf, Dan Meers, has been released from the hospital according to his attorney. Meers suffered severe injuries while rehearsing a stunt in advance of the Chiefs game on Nov. 24 against the San Diego Chargers. He is said to be thankful that he is out of the hospital but faces a long road to full recovery.
A statement released by Meers’ attorney following the incident indicates he was injured while rehearsing a zip line routine. They believe the manner in which a third-party company secured the riggings for the stunt may have led to the injuries.
Meers had to undergo surgery and an investigation is ongoing to determine the exact cause of how he was hurt.
He expressed thankfulness to the fans and Chiefs organization in a previous statement and received an outpouring of support from the fans immediately following his injury. He has been the man behind the suit of KC Wolf for 24 years.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss