Mix 93.3 raises money to help kids in need of medical care
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Mix 93.3′s annual radio-thon wrapped day one with thousands of dollars in donations.
The money benefits area children in need of medical care. It’s used in a variety of ways — for diapers, medical treatment, continuing education for healthcare professionals — anything to help metro children in need of medical care.
“All the money, 100 percent of it stays local, and it’s really, really important to KU (University of Kansas Hospital) and the kids and the family who live on the Kansas side and the Missouri side,” said Cindy Weiner with Children’s Miracle Network.
The radio-thon continues Thursday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Mix 93.3. Callers can call 1.888.499.5437 to make a pledge. For more information, click here.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet