- 4 large tart apples, cored
- ½ c. non sweetened apple juice
- 8 Tbsp. brown sugar blend
- 12 cinnamon candies
- 4 Tbsp. lite margarine
- 8 caramel candies
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Remove ½ inch wide strip of peel from the top of each apple and place apples in crockpot.
- Pour apple juice over apples.
- Fill the center of each apple with 2 Tbsp. brown sugar blend, 3 cinnamon candies, 1 Tbsp. lite margarine and 2 caramel candies.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4-6 hours, or until tender.
(source: Fix It and Forget It Cookbook, adapted by Susan Mills-Gray)
Per serving: Calories 215, Fat 2.3 g, Sodium 168 mg, Carbohydrates 51 g, Fiber 5.5, Protein 1.5 g