Daisy Coleman hospitalized in Kansas City after suicide attempt
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A Maryville Mo., teenager, who has been at the center of a rape case which made national headlines, was in a Kansas City hospital on Monday night after attempting to take her own life.
Daisy Coleman is the teen who claimed to have been raped by a high school student when she was 14 years old. Her family has accused prosecutors of dismissing her claims.
The rape accusations made by Daisy and her family subjected them to harassment from several Maryville community members, including both parents and students. The case eventually caught national attention.
Melinda Coleman, who is the mother of Daisy Coleman, told FOX 4 that her daughter tried to take her own life Sunday evening.
According to Melinda, Daisy had attended a party for about an hour Saturday night and had been attacked immediately afterward on a number of Twitter accounts. Melinda said her daughter is in stable condition at a children’s psychiatric hospital in Kansas City as of Monday night.
A special prosecutor has been appointed to handle the new investigation.
CLICK HERE to read related articles on Daisy Coleman.
- Fans tweet #MadMiley faces after "Bangerz" concert is canceled
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Frazier Cross, accused of killing 3 at Jewish centers, enters courtroom in wheelchair
- Reps. from KKK, Aryan Nation denounce Jewish center shootings