Daisy Coleman hospitalized in Kansas City after suicide attempt
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A Maryville Mo., teenager, who has been at the center of a rape case which made national headlines, was in a Kansas City hospital on Monday night after attempting to take her own life.
Daisy Coleman is the teen who claimed to have been raped by a high school student when she was 14 years old. Her family has accused prosecutors of dismissing her claims.
The rape accusations made by Daisy and her family subjected them to harassment from several Maryville community members, including both parents and students. The case eventually caught national attention.
Melinda Coleman, who is the mother of Daisy Coleman, told FOX 4 that her daughter tried to take her own life Sunday evening.
According to Melinda, Daisy had attended a party for about an hour Saturday night and had been attacked immediately afterward on a number of Twitter accounts. Melinda said her daughter is in stable condition at a children’s psychiatric hospital in Kansas City as of Monday night.
A special prosecutor has been appointed to handle the new investigation.
CLICK HERE to read related articles on Daisy Coleman.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'