Man charged in Grandview robbery
GRANDVIEW, Mo. – Prosecutors have charged Kile Christian Roberts with armed criminal action in connection with a Jan. 9 robbery in Grandview, Mo.
Police said they responded to a home around 6:20 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 9 in regards to a report of an armed robbery and shooting where the homeowner is believed to have shot one of the intruders.
It happened in the 12300 block of North 3rd Street. The suspects were described as two men in their 20s; one white, the other black and both were reportedly armed.
Police said as the suspects fled the home, the homeowner fired his personal weapon and believes he hit one of them. The homeowner was not injured.
Roberts is currently in jail on a $75,000 bond.
Anyone who may have information regarding the other suspect is urged to call the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss