Winter Sangria with Citrus & Pomegranate
Makes 10 servings
All you need:
- 1 pear, washed, seeded and sliced
- 4 clementines or 2 tangelos, washed and sliced thinly
- 1 apple, washed, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bottle red wine
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup orange juice, ideally freshly squeezed
- Hy-Vee ginger ale or club soda for serving
- Ice cubes
All you do:
- In the bottom of a large glass pitcher or gallon jar, combine sliced fruit, pomegranate arils and cinnamon stick.
- Pour the red wine and the fruit juices over the fruit.
- Stir well, cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- To serve, remove cinnamon stick, and pour over ice into glasses. Top with ginger ale or club soda to taste. Garnish with more pomegranate arils if desired.