Weight Watchers Recipe: Tuna Salad
Yields a 1/2 cup of tuna salad per serving
The key to this popular sandwich filling is to finely chop the celery and onion so it spreads throughout the entire salad.
- 12 oz canned chunk white tuna in water, drained
- 1/3 cup(s) (sliced) uncooked vidalia onion(s), finely minced
- 1/3 cup(s) uncooked celery, finely minced
- 1/3 cup(s) reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- Place tuna in a mixing bowl and flake with a fork until very fine.
- Add onions, celery and mayonnaise; mix well.
Chicken, black bean and corn chili
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (15 ½ ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- ¾ cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Thinly sliced scallions
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook stirring often, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, and cumin and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Stir in black beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, and chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until chili is slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Ladle into 6 bowls; sprinkle with cilantro and scallions.
PER SERVING (1 ¼ cups): 241 Cal, 5 g Total Fat, 1 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 47 mg Chol, 599 mg Sod, 27 g Carb, 8 g Fib, 24 g Prot, 94 mg Calc.
PointsPlus value: 6