PETA’s new promo meant to be shocking and thought-provoking
Courtesy: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A 30-second promo created for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is purposefully startling in order to get across the message that pets should not be so easily discarded.
The ad features a couple actually encouraging their teenage daughter to become sexually active and telling her if she becomes pregnant, she can get rid of the kids if she doesn’t want them anymore.
“No one should be bringing more animals into the world when millions of animals are literally dying for lack of good homes,” said PETA Senior Vice President Daphna Nachminovitch.
The promo ends with a reminder that dogs and cats should always be spayed and neutered.
PETA says six to eight million cats and dogs enter animal shelters every year, leading to euthanasia for about half of them.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet