Flash flooding a primary threat as rain persists in KC metro overnight into Friday

Girl’s iPhone catches fire in her pocket



KENNEBUNK, Maine — A teenager in Maine suffered burns from her iPhone, after it caught fire in her pants pocket.

The middle school student says she sudden heard a “pop.” Smoke then started coming out of her pocket. Teachers grabbed a blanket while the girl scrambled to free herself from the burning jeans.

She’s recovering from first and second degree burns on her legs, but is expected to be okay.

Firefighters who responded praised the student for remembering to stop, drop and roll.

CLICK HERE to read the full story.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s