Beautiful bald eagles follow geese to Smithville Lake
SMITHVILLE, Mo. — Bald eagles are soaring high and majestically at Smithville Lake this winter.
Their migration pattern often takes them through the Smithville Lake area, where they follow the snow geese and Canadian geese on their annual migration south.
They feed on the geese, but what they really love are the Smithville Lake fish.
Watch FOX 4 photojournalist Jon Haiduk’s photo piece to see the rare eagles gliding high above.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet