Embarrassing viral video: Runner slips and falls just seconds after TV interview
PORTLAND, Ore. — A runner seen by millions slipping and falling has shrugged off the embarrassment and admits the video clip is funny.
A KOIN-TV Portland television reporter stopped two joggers who were braving the rare three-inch snowfall during a late night run.
“It’s the perfect texture for running. Very low-impact and it’s dry snow so your feet don’t get wet,” the woman named Chelsea commented when asked how it was to run in those conditions.
Then her running companion Michael tells the reporter that they sometimes slide through intersections but wear bright clothing for safety. Then together they jog off, but about 30 feet down the road Chelsea hits a patch of ice, her feet come out from under her and she lands on her bottom.
Huffington Post and Deadspin both found the video and Chelsea posted a comment in the Deadspin article.
“As the chick in this video, all I can say is that running in powder when there’s no one else out at night is a s—tload of fun. But stopping to pose for the local news station in the middle of the icy street hurts like a bitch. Glad it’s as funny for everyone else as it was for us.”
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"