Fourth suspect charged in shooting death of 75-year-old man

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A fourth suspect has been charged in the shooting death of a 75-year-old man found inside his Kansas City, Mo., home on Monday, March 10. Three suspects had already previously been charged in connection with his murder.

Police say Clite R. Weibel, 75, was found dead inside of his home in the East Bottoms. Police said the shooting occurred just before 11 p.m. that night, in the 800 block of North Kansas Avenue.

On Wednesday police charged Kelon A. Stallings with second-degree felony murder, armed criminal action, first-degree burglary and stealing a controlled substance, in connection to Weibel’s death. Police arrested Stallings after they were able to identified him through a cell phone number. He was also identified as being at the scene of the crime, while in a lineup, by the other three suspects.

On Friday, March 14 Wayne Fielder, 48, and Tionna Vanross, 27, both of Kansas City, Kan., and Terrance Brown, 37, were charged with second-degree felony murder, and armed criminal action. Brown faces one count of stealing a controlled substance, and Vanross and Fielder each face additional counts of first-degree burglary and stealing a controlled substance.

According to court documents, police discovered Weibel, who had been shot several times, sitting in a chair inside his residence holding a gun in his right hand. Surveillance footage from the home was recovered and reviewed, as well as cell phone documentation which police say linked at least one of the suspects to the incident. Police discovered Weibel’s phone at the scene which had several calls from a number police say Vanross later admitted was her cell phone number.

The documents went on to state at least one of the suspects acknowledged he had gone to the victim’s home with the intention of buying the controlled substance, K2, but denied knowing anything about a plan to rob the victim.  According to police, he also denied seeing who had shot Weibel. He told police he fled the scene and admitted to taking several bags of K2 with him when he did so.

Prosecutors are requesting that the defendants will each be held on a $250,000 bond.

Previous Coverage:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

1 Comment