William Chrisman High School Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1 bunch Broccoli florets ( blanched in boiling water for 2 minutes and rinsed in ice water)
- 1 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & julienned
- 8 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms, quartered
- ¼ large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red pepper, julienned
- 16 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 Tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced Garlic
- Heat oil in large, deep skillet on high.
- Add garlic and saute till golden.
- Add blanched broccoli, sweet potato, red pepper & onion and stir-fry until vegetables begin to lightly brown and caramelize – approximately 6 minutes.
- Add pineapple and mushrooms, stir-fry until heated through and mushrooms begin to soften.
- Add enough sauce to coat vegetable, and serve with cooked brown rice.
Stir fry sauce
- 1 ¾ cups pineapple juice
- ¾ cup water
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch dissolved in 2 Tablespoons of water
Bring first five ingredients to boil and whisk in corn starch until thickened.