- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tequila
- 3 tsp lime zest (you’ll need 2 limes*)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 11/4 tsp chili powder (ancho)
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 11/4 tsp salt (**)
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper (freshly)
- 2 tsp honey
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lime (sliced into wedges for serving, optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the chicken breasts in a 1-gallon freezer bag. Close the bag and gently shake the marinade around to mix. Add the chicken breasts. Seal the bag and place it in a bowl in the refrigerator (the bowl protects against leakage); marinate for at least 6 hours or overnight if possible.
- Clean the grill and preheat to medium high. Spray the grates with a non-flammable cooking spray. Place the chicken breasts on the grill. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side cooking the chicken to an internal temperature of 165 F. If you don't have a thermometer, the meat should be firm but not hard when pressed with tongs or your fingertip. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Cucumber Mango Salsa:
- 2 mangos - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoon lime juice, or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Stir together the mango, cucumber, jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, and cilantro in a mixing bowl. Season with lime juice, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.